Safeguarding – promoting a safer church
The care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church.
- Promoting a safer environment and culture.
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults.
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons.
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from our Safeguarding Officer Cynthia Hammond or if necessary report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
IF THERE IS IMMEDIATE RISK OR DANGER PLEASE CONTACT THE POLICE ON 101
Local contacts available to speak to are:
Name: Cynthia Hammond
Role: Parish Safeguarding Officer
Tel: 07770 840 786
Name – Hilary Higton
Role: Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser
Tel: 07495 060 869
Local Authority Social Services, Worcester
Children – 01905 822666
Adults – 01905 768053
NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
Childline: 0800 1111
Stop It Now: 0808 1000 900
NAPAC: 0808 801 0331
Samaritans: 116 123
Family Lives: 0808 800 2222
National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
Action On Elder Abuse: 0808 808 8141